John Deere Gator Aftermarket Accessories

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zero_turn_mowers, Jan 25, 2004.

1. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

I have a John Deere Gator 6X4 and was wondering where to find some aftermaket accessories, I will be using it primarly for lawncare (No Hunting), I looked on Ebay and saw one guy that fabricates his own items for Gators, I would like a few just for comparison, any help would be appr. Thanks in advance.

Tim

2. zero_turn_mowers

BTW how many of you guys use Gators, Mules, Polaris Rangers or anything like this with a dump bed in your business. Do they work well for you, I just bought this Gator and wanted to give it a try, I really like it for now it might be that its just a new toy. It is a Trail Gator 6X4 Desiel electric dump bed.

Tim

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I have a 6x4 diesel Gator. Most of the accessories I've purchased from the dealer. I have bought a few items for the Gator on eBay .There is however another fellow besides Hunterworkscom that sells Gator parts. I'll have to due a search to find his name. I have about a dozen add-on items to the Gator. One of the better options is the power dump bed. Great for mulch jobs. I'll get back to you.

5. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a Kawasaki Mule. Primarily for around my own house but if the need arises to take it on a lawn job(mulch,cleanup) I'll use it. Another toy, but don't tell my wife, I convinced her this is something I really needed.

6. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I got a JD 4x2 with a curtis cab and a 72in snow plow. I love it but dont use it much any more. The thing only has 314hrs on it. would love to sell it to get a new ztr next year. If any one is intrested in it please let me know.

P.S I have tons of pics to share

Thanks
    Jeff Smith
    JRS Lawn & Landscape

7. zero_turn_mowers

Bob, what kinda stuff do you have on your Gator, Hunterworkscom is the only guy I seen on Ebay selling stuff for the gator, I bought a 3000lb winch from Ebay yesterday to put on the gator it is prob. a overkill but I was thinking if I ever pull up any shrubs etc. it would be handy, I am like lazer 46 I convinced the wife I needed it for lawncare.

Tim

8. 1145JohnDeere

1145JohnDeere LawnSite Member
    from KY

I have a 4x2 Gator. Great for spraying roundup along fence rows for some of our industrial props. Also use it with a 50 gal LESCO sprayer on some lawn apps. Use it to haul bagged mulch and debris on spruce ups.

9. bob

from DE

Factory options are,
    bed liner
    HDAP tires
    floor mat
    cup holder
    chain guards-highly recommended
    regular tow hitch
    class 1 tow hitch
    bumper
    brush guard
    fender guard
    power dump
    windshield - still in box
    horn button- no horn yet

non-factory options are,
    wooden sides
    Piaa driving lights
    tow rings
    12 volt outlet
    rear light-for loading at night
    kryptonite lock

10. bob

from DE

I almost forgot, the other guy on eBay that was selling Gator parts is "Firechicken2". But he not selling them anymore. He's selling water treatment products. Maybe email him to see if he has any more Gator parts.