John Deere "Green Fleet"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnspecialties, Oct 21, 2006.

1. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Has anyone here ever purchased equipment from Deere using the "Green Fleet" program? If so, what kind of a price break are we talking about? I'm sort of debating going with Deere next season and this would be a big part of whether it is worth it or not. Thanks.:)

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I can't find any current info, but as it was explained to me, it's based on a points system, and certain units give you a certain number of points. All counted single digit numbers, and small stuff like trimmers/blowers were like 1 point each.

Seems like you needed like 18 points(?)
    So you needed to buy like 3 major items or 2 and one of everything in handhelds, like 6 pieces.

The discount was only like 10% I think. And I figure you would have to hit your dealer up for it right before signing the papers in order to honestly get 10% off.

Me, I thought BIG WHOOP....

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

:rolleyes:

You need to accumulate 18 points within 12 months. Wheeled equipment is 6 points and handhelds are worth 1 point each. You can either get 3 pieces of wheeled equipment or 2 pieces of wheeled equipment plus 6 handhelds. For the bigger guys it adds up but if you only purchase a couple of things a year, then it will not work for you. This savings comes from Deere and Company and not the actual dealer.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Think Mike from MMLawn might have used this.

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah I am in the Green Fleet Plan. It is a very good plan but only if you are going to be buying alot of equipment, say at least 3 mowers a year to get the points you'll need to make it worthwell. In addition to the GFP I also buy at the Federal Government price because I have fed contracts and Deere allows that. To use it you only have to have your dealer file your active fed contracts directly with Deere and in turn they will contact the dealer and tell them what price to sale you the equipment at.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Mike,

That seems like a better setup there.

It just seemed to me like you would have to "sneek" the greenfleet thing in on the dealer last thing in order to 'really get' the greenfleet discount off the dealers best price.

7. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

That's what I was expecting to hear. With all the talk of the 7-Iron's great performance, especially in wetter conditions, I've been debating selling the SuperZ and getting two 797's and the handhelds or just getting three ztr's. For only 10%, I may just get a second Hustler.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.....:confused:

8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I can hook you up with one of my JD dealers and get you a 797 cheaper than you can get the same set-up Hustler, if you'd like. Also why the 797? Because of the LC high HP engine?

9. Envy Lawn Service

I heard the 797 was a 2 gallon an hour fuel hog.
    What have you heard since you are more "in the know" about these?

The 777 seems like the best option they have for those wanting more than 25hp, which seems to be the majority these days.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Mike, is that 10% figure correct?

I wouldn't want to mis-inform... that's just my best guess from what I could recall.