John Deere Green!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by theo, Apr 3, 2004.

1. theo

theo LawnSite Member
    from ontario

hello,second post in two days.thats a record.MY qustion is what is your oppion of John deere commercial mowing equipment.I went to a home show today were i live and they were all there,walker,grasshopper,cubcadet,kabota ect,all the sales men were all talking great about thier product,i was more confused when i left,serriuosly.I do know with my farm back ground that JD makes good products,but all the other mfgs had me thinking to.Iam just wondering i don,t hear much of JD on this site. I know this is going to get lots of differsnt oppions,but what is your exsperence with JD ,positive or negative. thanks

2. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a JD Z and love it. there are others on here that are going with JD.

3. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

GLS has a hole trailer full of JD maybe you should pm him and ask him that question.

4. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

I too have all JD, from the ztr, push mower, trimmer, edger, and blower.
    I have no regrets at all.

5. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 LawnSite Member

my 2 737's are the best machines I have had. ALOT of guys s in my area are getting ride of the red ones and the yellows, and the oranges and going green.

6. BackAcreFarm

BackAcreFarm LawnSite Member

I've had a lot of experience with Deere Agricultural products, their dealer network is world class. I've had very few problems over the years. I've worked with three different dealers and all three have been willing to do anything to keep me going.

I just ordered a new Ztrak 777 yesterday. I looked at several and did a demo on my hills to be sure it would work.

New 777 with 60" deck, 27HP Kawasaki watercooled was $8200. Should be here in two weeks!

7. green with envy

green with envy LawnSite Member

I'm getting a trailer load of green stuff delivered tomorrow!

Even some of there hand held yellow stuff...:rolleyes:

8. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

I was at a truf auction, and was amazed at the resale price's fot J-D's. Talk'd to a few that run them, and they swear by them, and also the dealer network, and the fact the dealers stock most parts, so little down time. I'm even going out next week to check out there line up, as they are a dealer near me.

9. amar

amar LawnSite Member

JD has several dealers in southern MI. I don't see alot of them on trailers. John Deere has a seamingly endless cash flow so when it comes to fixing problems they get on quickley or so ive been told. JD is getting their hands in everything. They bought out Century Rain Aid, started JD Landscapers, they have power tools with their name on them (mitersaws, drills...) They have some nursery locations.

10. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothing Runs Like A Deere!

picture 193.jpg