1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John Deere Greene

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LP, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LP

LP LawnSite Member

Any one running these new 737, 757, 777 mid z's They have a new fleet program and for the first time my local dealer is able to beat the price on toro's and ex-mark's and buddy as good lookin as these unit's are it makes me want to convert, if anyones had any exp. with these mowers share some in=put!
  2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a 757 with a 60" deck, 25hp Kaw., bought new last year. No problems so far. They are a great machine. I love the 7Iron deck, I only had to scrape it once last year, grass just doesn't stick to it. I think they have plenty of power at least for my 757.
  3. LP

LP LawnSite Member

Have you ever ran a toro or ex-mark and if you have how do they compare, one difference I noticed in the machines was blade tip speed is more on toros, but I was also told you could not tell it because of the better deck shute design on the jd.
  4. Ricks Z28

Ricks Z28 LawnSite Member
    from Pa

I ran John Deere for 17yrs. and used everything that they brought out new for that year. Then I tested an eXmark and the rest is history. Deere Z's are made for them by Kee's Equip. and the only thing that is Deere is the deck. Personally the eXmark deck has it all over the 7 iron. I never have to scrape my decks on either of my eXmarks. If you want to see what they are made of, weigh them each and decide. As far as price goes I remember that with Deere, I always paid for the name and anymore, I can't justify that. I don't think that Deere can hold a candle to the eXmark.
  5. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Yazoo Kees made the old M series ztr for Deere, but the new 7 series are built entirely by Deere, their mini z are a Great Dane design, but since Deere owns Great Dane, I guess they are Deeres too. I have a M665 {built by Yazoo Kees}, has been a great mower, over 800 hours, only a couple of minor problems, Deere service is the best, nobody better, nowhere, period. Looking to trade up to a 7 series sometime this year.
  6. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 757's, 1 737, and 1 727. I changed from exmark and will never go back. The main reason I had not change to the 600 series is because the machines were assembled by yazoo/keyes. Although they where running deere decks and deere's specs. I have plenty experience with these mowers and I am getting ready to get a 797.
  7. Husker1982

I have to say I missed over this when I first posted. I love it when you get an ignorant person who probably heard this and thinks he knows. Got news for ya Rick. The (yazoo/keyes) producted mower for deere was for 1 1/2 yrs. So Deere could get there factories together for production (reason for purchase of GD). Also the mowers were made by yazoo/keyes but with Deere standards. Look really really close cause they are slightly different and I don't mean the deck.
  8. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

We run Deere, Toro, and Scag.....Going to all Deere..
    The 7 iron deck really is as good as they say. Go through sopping wet tall grass and you'll see where is stands out. Solid too. I don't really like Toro design, and their PR is awful IMO. Scag is Ok IMO....I'd go for the Deere without hesitiation. And remember, %70 of a commercial mower purchase is dealer. Deere stands behind you, and if you're doing this for a living you better have that. Any veteran of lawn maintenance will tell you how important that is. The only thing I am not to sure about is if they still use the Kohler 25HP. I know that engine had some huge issues on Exmark machines..just my two pescos
  9. Husker1982

Grasscape the Deere use kaw's now.
    Where exactly are you at in MI?
  10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yes Yazoo/Kees built the M-600 series for JD. There are NO differences between the Yazoo/Kees ZT Max and the Deere other than the deck, tires and wheels.

Yazoo/Kees also builds the Husqvarna commercial line as well. So what! I don't see the point here. What Yazoo/Kees is not a quality built machine???

I don't think I want to go any farther with this issue :dizzy:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.