1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

john deere gs30 and quiktrak mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southarkansascutter, Jun 3, 2004.

1. southarkansascutter

southarkansascutter LawnSite Member

I need you guys opinion on the jd gs30 walk behind and I think the part # is 645 quicktrak stand up mower..It is the 19 hp w/ a 48" deck...have been looking at these...just want to get somebodies who has used them feedback......

2004 25 hp 50" dixie chopper
    Sutech Stealth (I know, I know I found this website the day after I bought it)
    2 Shindaiwa t231 trimmers
    shind eb630 b/p blower
    stihl handheld blower
    jd edger
    12ft trailer
  2. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

gs30, great mower, love mine will probably run it till it dies. we use it daily.
  3. southarkansascutter

southarkansascutter LawnSite Member

will it pull a sulky???
  4. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

I have a GS30 with a kohler 13hp loved the machine, and I pull a sulky, and the proslide works well on it.
  5. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

I run the GS45 walk behind, I've had no problems and lays a good cut and stripe especially with a proslide. I'm looking at a 727 zero turn in the near future.

Can't go wrong with JD.
  6. QuikKutLawn

QuikKutLawn LawnSite Member

I've used both and currently use a couple of the QuikTrak machines. I seem to be a lot more productive with the QuikTrak, in fact when I switched I noticed a time savings of a couple of hours per day. Not surprising though, I went from a walk to a stander... I don't think you can go wrong either way.

WINGNUT LawnSite Member

I have a GS 30 w/a 13hp kohler. Works great. Pulls me (198#) on a set of jungle wheels. Hang on going down hill, though, it ain't hydro its belt driven. Just learn how to paddle the brakes.
  8. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Just ordered my second after 4 years w/first (still going). Use jungle wheels too. Very solid and good 2 yr warranty. I had about 500$ of maintenance and repairs done once and cost me nothing. I say thumbs up, do however be sure to keep an eye on the timing belt in the beginning, but it's all good.
  9. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

The 647 is a great mower!
  10. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Funny, at their website I saw something about 1 year warranty for non-residential use, and it also said something about having to buy in the zone you use it in to get warranty service. Usually not a big deal, but if you move or buy a unit from a dealer on Ebay or whatever...might be a problem. Maybe I saw the wrong info on the 1 year.