1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John deere gs45 fixed or floating

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shm, Sep 1, 2003.

1. shm

shm LawnSite Member

just wondering if anyone knew for sure if the JD gs45 with the 48 inch deck was a fixed or floating deck....the model is from 1998

I'll call the dealer tomorrow in my area ..I'm sure he will know..just thought I'd get some info from anyone on the board that might be using this machine

I'm looking at at JD gs45 with very low useage...seller is asking $1200....I was supposed to look at it today but seller couldn't do it....will (hopefully) see it tomorrow

Thanks in advance
  2. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) shm i believe that the gs45 is fixed, your talking about the gear drive right. I never could get into the deeres geardrive's i think that there top speed is around 5 or maybe 5-1/2mph kind'a slow compared to the other machines...but im sure its fixed which is no biggie, i like fixed deck waldbehinds myself.....Marks Mowing Service
  3. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

4. shm

shm LawnSite Member

:) Thanks for the info - this deal seems too good to be true...the guy selling it claims its in showroom condition...we'll see...it is 6 years old......
  5. Popsicle

Popsicle LawnSite Member

To my knowledge, both the GS30 and the GS45 are fixed. To get the floater you have to get the HD models (hydro's).