1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John Deere Handheld Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Nov 13, 2001.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone out there operating John Deere handheld equipment such as string trimmers and hedge trimmers powered by the Mitsubishi 2 cycle engines. If so, how are they holding up?
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have a JD edger, but not too happy with it. The engine is fine, but the head has been slippin on me.
  3. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

most jd hand held is made by homelight
  4. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think the JD pro series handheld is made by homelite. The homeowner trimmers are identicle, just different colors, but the pre series I think are completely different.
  5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i thought homelite and jd were the same?
  6. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

jd bought out homelite plus own green machine. they are now getting rid of homelite. Ther commerical line has the mits motors. The hedgetrimmers use to be built by echo and where pretty good but sence have started building them there self and not as good as before.
  7. Samurai WeedWacker

Samurai WeedWacker LawnSite Member

I've had a 21C for about 7 or 8 years. This year it was relegated to backup status but still runs well after having had only minor repairs. Got a T105C at the start of the past season. It's a fine machine.
  8. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I have a jd bp40 (backpack blower) It has decent power. Pain in the rear to start. It costs around 400.00 and when it dies there is no doubt that I will go redmax.