John Deere hydro problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by dwc, Jun 18, 2003.

1. dwc

dwc LawnSite Senior Member

Hello

I am having trouble with the right side hydro on my JD HD45 walk behind. It does ok when you first start the machine and run it, but when you run it for 15 minutes or so and it heats up, the right transmission starts whining really loud and running about half the speed the left trans is running and it also burps fluid out of the reservoir cap. Could this be a valve or something?

Thanks for your help!
    DWC

2. ducky1

ducky1 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like it is gettng air into the system. Meybe a loose filter of a loose line or meybe bad seal in the pump. How many hours are on the machine?

3. dwc

The machine has 700 hours on it. The other transmission is still strong. I had the dealer look at it and they said that there was no sign of shavings, etc in the oil and adjusted the linkage but it didnt take care of the problem.

dwc

4. ducky1

Still sounds like it is getting air into the system. Check for a leaky seal around shafts and controls on the hydro. If oil can get out air can get in.

5. ducky1

Hey DWC did you ever get your jd straighten out? Was just wondering if you had found anything yet?

6. dwc

Havent done anything with it yet ducky. It is a back-up mower and I havent had a chance to do anything with it yet. I'll let you know when I find out though. Thanks for your input!

DWC