John Deere Hydro Pump / Wheel Motor

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by bdoss123, Nov 8, 2006.

1. bdoss123

bdoss123 LawnSite Member

I have a John Deere HD75 (Hydro) that seems to be in need of a new right wheel motor. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this part?

Local dealer wants 900 - plus labor.

- BD

2. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

John deere has made it so you have to go through them or buy a John deere original part I also have the same problem. I am parting it out instead of spending the $900 plus labor to fix I will never by another John deere product for this reason only.

3. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

Is there a tag on the wheel motor with the make,model and number on it? If so then post it here.

4. kjslawn

Left ....... AM123179
    Right........AM124687

5. allenlawns

allenlawns LawnSite Member

MY son is working his way through IU. I have been looking for a RH hydro motor. The same part number you have listed. Is this still for sale?
    Allenlawns
    317-258-1948

6. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Find yourself a good rebuilder in your area. I used Advanced Fluid Systems out of Lancaster, PA, they have branch offices here and there, maybe one in your city. When Gravely wanted $900.00 for a motor, they were rebuilding for about $365.00. This price is a couple of years old, but still a better deal than new parts.

7. kjslawn

still have the mower for sale I'm in louisville,ky I want $900 for the whole thing. The motor was rebuilt less than 10 hrs ago its very strong.

8. agr682

agr682 LawnSite Member

would you be interested in parting with just the wheel motor on the left side? or possibly buying my right one? I have a hd75 with a bad left wheel motor and just bought a hd45 that I have to pick up. How many hours on your 75? I will be through Louisville probably this weekend or first part of next week.

9. allenlawns

allenlawns LawnSite Member

I am willing to buy a RH HD75 wheel motor or selling my HD75. Good running, 14hp Kaw. Would really like to keep mine and find the hydro unit.
    Need to keep mowing and paying IU bills!
    Number above.

10. kjslawn

How much for the right side hydro? Call me if you come through Louisville.
    @ 533-5767 (Kevin)