John Deere, I would like to hear from the guys using them.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TGK, Nov 29, 2006.

1. TGK

TGK LawnSite Member

That is the question fellas, if you are using a JOhn Deere I would like to hear from you, regarding the good, the bad, and the ugly.

2. Jlawnmow

Jlawnmow LawnSite Member

There is no bad and ugly!!!!!! Only Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've had my 757 for 3 years and have't had a thing go wrong on it!!!!!!!
  3. TGK

TGK LawnSite Member

Thats great news, refresh my memory, the 757 is the rider or walk behind?
  4. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I run a JD 727A Ztr and I love it. No problems in the 4 months I have had it and it cuts great.

You will get a few responses from guys that have had a few bad experiences, but I will tell you that in my area, we primarily see John Deere and Exmark mowers being run. And more and more larger outfits here are going John Deere.
  5. spazfam

spazfam LawnSite Member

We have a trailer full of John Deere products, all for the most part work well. I have not been that impressed with their small mower JS20 for durabilty, seems it self destructs. However we have a Js61 that is un stoppable.
  6. johndeereguy

johndeereguy LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I run all John Deere equipment. Tractors, Z-trak mowers, rotary cutter, tillers. I love my Deere a lot. Always have been good to me and put em through hell. I am ordering 4 new z-traks today.
  7. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 717a i love the mower a lil on the heavy side but cuts great
  8. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

i gots a JD 717A Ztr 48'' deck.only had it for 3 weeks and only got 14hrs on it due to weather and sick.i have the mulch kit and this baby will do some leaf cutting.i tried it on a woman's yard today that i cut with a 42'' rider.and she came out and said where did all the leafs go and i told her they are dust now.still learning and playing but love it.
  9. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Presently my wife runs a 495, and I run a 595 - a 455 backup - I sold a 332 diesel tractor (1988) with 5000 hrs. on it, and it is still going great. JD's are built to outlast the engines, and the yanmars we run should make 8 to 10,000 hrs according to yanmar, and I have had no problems to not believe them.
  10. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

have 3 commercial and a few garden tractors, and all my other equipment is deere.

i have a 757, 657, and 48 wb. all great mowers. no problems, i'm not currently a huge fan of handheld equipment from them, but mowers are awesome. i would also highly recommend the mulch on demand deck.