1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John Deere ID

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FordMan77, May 22, 2004.

1. FordMan77

FordMan77 LawnSite Member

Ok, I'm a noobie as far as some of the commercial equipment, so here goes.

I just picked up a JD commercial walkbehind and have no idea what model it is. I have serial #s and what the top of the motor housing says, but that's it. No real identifying marks (to me at least). I know it's a 97 or 98 model, so I was told, and that is only has around 500 hours on it. 12.5HP Kaw, 48" deck, all belt drive. New blades, new belts, oil change, and all seems well, fires up on the first pull. Is there anyone who could decifer the serial # to tell me what model this is? Or at least point me in the right direction. I would also like to hear what you all think may be a fair price for this one. I didn't pay much, so I'm sure I got a good deal. :eek: I hate bothering for such trivial q's, but I need to get a manual for this mower so I know what to order come parts time.

Thanks in advance

2. J Haugner

J Haugner LawnSite Member

Just take it into your local John Deere Dealer. Or better yet call them.
  3. FordMan77

Guess I'll try them again in the am. Tried tonight, and didn't get much help. I just may take it up there. Thanks for the tip.
  4. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

Post a pic of it if you can.. im sure someone will be able to help you out with it if the dealer dosent
  5. eshreve1234

eshreve1234 LawnSite Member

I would guess GS 30 or 45.
  6. FordMan77

Here's the 2 pics I have right now. The first one is kinda dark, but may give someone a clue.

Top of Engine