JOHN DEERE IS NOT BUYING DIXIE CHOPPER

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowrite, Feb 10, 2001.

1. mowrite

mowrite LawnSite Member

JOHN DEERE COMPANY IS IN PROSESS OF BUYING DIXIE CHOPPER THATS WHAT DIXIE DEALER TOLD ME TODAY NEAT HUH. SHOULD MAKE CHOPPERS MUCH BETTER MOWERS MAYBE AS GOOD AS BUNTONS

2. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

If this is true, at the rate Deere is going (Scag, Dane, now Chopper) we will have only one guy to purchase from. There going to monopolize the market lol!!

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Huh? Is that kind of like saying that "one day Chevy trucks may be as good as Datsuns?" That's not to knock Buntons baecause they have always been a good mower. (I have one myself) But I never thought of DC as being that far under Buntons. I have heard they're slow on parts, though.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I'll believe that when I see green stainless steel, YUK

5. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

that certainly is a shocker!!! Maybe Deere will start making start mass producing them! And make them more known to the public! You guys know what I mean....they are not really tring to grow. At least that's the impression I get....

6. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know for sure?

7. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe I should hold off a little longer on buying a new ztr, this could be interesting. Hey Eric, green stainless steel might look pretty good!!!!

8. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

What about yellow also in the stainless steel for Dane?

9. lawnboyil

lawnboyil LawnSite Member

y buy something that competes with the same type of product they alredy have????? personally cant stand the dealer for deere or really deere in general so i hope not

alex

10. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

Hers a wild thought......since deere is sold at home depot now ......uhmmm...