John Deere JS45

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RhettMan, Apr 20, 2008.

1. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

How do you js45 owners (if there are any) like your mower, i bought one about a week ago and since then have mowed my appartment floor 5 times j/k. cant wait for that first client

2. LawnScenes

LawnScenes LawnSite Member

I enjoy mine. The caster wheels make it a breeze to get close to fence posts and such in my yard. It's a bit difficult at first getting used to the fact you don't have to lift the mower to turn it though. By the end of the first cut I had it down. It's also nice to be able to use a "push" mower with one hand.

3. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

thats awesome i feel better about buying one, i feel like since i bought it from Lowes is not Commercial Grade, but we've got guys in here that do amazing work with john deeres other products, I do wonder tho, how is it for keeping a straight line ?

4. LawnScenes

LawnScenes LawnSite Member

I couldn't say how it would stand up for commercial use. I use mine at home at the moment. I'll probably buy another and add it to the trailer with whatever I purchase tomorrow to cut our first batch of lawns next week. It stays in a pretty straight line. I really didn't pay that much attention last time I cut with it though. My lawn isn't small it's just not a lot of open space due to beds and trees. The mower did leave a nice finish and it mulches very well.