1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John Deere LA110

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by cross1933, Jul 24, 2007.

1. cross1933

cross1933 LawnSite Member

I am considering getting a John Deere LA110 to mow my yard. The cost is around $1800 after delivery/setup and taxes from a local John Deere Dealer. My preferences are something that has automatic transmission, easy to drive good quality for the price. I want my wife to be able to use the mower if the need arises.
  2. Ray Zorback

Ray Zorback LawnSite Member

How large is your yard? Hills, flat...?

I have a John Deere L118, 20HP 2cyl. B&S, 42" deck. I have put 500 hours on it in 3 1/2 years without any problems.
  3. cross1933

cross1933 LawnSite Member

I think around 14,000 sq. feet. Lot dimensions are,
    75' front
    155' north shide
    175' south side
    108' rear

The back yard has a steeper than normal slope, but I plan to correct that in September. The plan is to regrade and add a berm in each corner and one in the center rear of the lot.
  4. Rollinhome48

Rollinhome48 LawnSite Member

I have a LA110 JD Bought new last year..The belts that go around the pullys on deck to shaft on motor keep sredding or coming off.I have bought 4 new belts from JD dealer But same thing.. Is there a problem with these new LA110.I'm reading to drop this machine in the lake...Tks for any info....John
  5. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

No problem with the belts - it's the design of the tractor.
    If I was the head of that project, I'd shoot the engineer that came up with that design.

Get the Husqvarna (23hp/48"?) for the same price (or Sears - Same mower as Husky) and save yourself the headache of an under-engineered unit.

Or go to a JD dealer, spend $3,000.00 to $5,000.00 and get a tractor that will last 15-20 years or more.