John Deere Landscape Fertilizer

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by ro1207, Nov 27, 2012.

1. ro1207

ro1207 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I heard the contract between John Deere Landscape's (Lesco) & Turf Care Supply has ended. Does anybody know who will be making this fertilizer in 2013? Just curious...

2. Shegardi

Shegardi LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

for the Midwest, I heard it will be Shaw's......no thanks!

3. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I was at JD last week and they told me they were switching...he said they were cheaper..I bought some urea and the bag said Agri...something I forgot I would check but im back at school...told me don't be surprised if all the products change...I noticed the bag was different

4. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

Great...SMH
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. jjensen

jjensen LawnSite Member
    Male, from Northern Mn.

The information I received today from JD is that the fertilizer will be the same. This includes prill size, poly-plus coatings, blends, etc. The reason that was given to me is to have more blending locations thru-out the US to reduce the shipping costs to each branch. It sounded like they would have around 10 instead of the 3 they now utilize. Like the rest of you, I will wait to see if what they say is what really happens. This is the information that was given to branch managers in the Midwest at last weeks meeting.

6. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

They are locked into TCS for the pre-emergent rounds in the spring. After that they will be selling xcu productS from Lebanon.

7. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I was told buy my distributor that sells shaws the JD is buying there fert off of shaws

Charles Cue

8. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

maybe they are buying from different sources based on proximity to distribution centers?

9. millerx1805x

millerx1805x LawnSite Member

my distributor also said after the spring they will be switching to Lebanon and i shouldn't see a noticeable difference at all

10. JonLawn

JonLawn LawnSite Member

Resuscitating this thread to hear about what you guys thought about JDL products in 2013. I'm going to check out the product line this week and possibly stock up. I would like some insight into your recent experience with it and what the best JDL options are.