John Deere Landscape is our only distributor!help price sucks.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by sprinklerhead, Nov 28, 2005.

1. sprinklerhead

sprinklerhead LawnSite Member
    from MI.

We'll we use to have a couple of differnt place to buy from but they all went under. John deere Lanscapes is the only place to buy from and its getting rediculess. 1 length of 1" copper goes for $18 or so a stick what happend?to 10 bucks ,copper ,poly ,pvc,
    Where do you guys buy from? and are they reasonable?
  2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

We have two main suppliers in our area: West Valley Supply and Ewing. Both are great and are fairly competitive price wise.
  3. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

maybe I'm missing something....

I just asked in a different thread what PVC runs... sprinklerhead... you said $18 for one stick? is that 20'? So are you looking at 90 cents a foot? I just looked at my cost for poly and was about 14 cents a foot...

I thought everyone said PVC was cheaper?
  4. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

PVC and copper - try Federal Pipe & Supply, I believe it's on McNichols in Detroit. Or Home Depot. Copper prices have been up quite a bit, so don't look for too many deals.
  5. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Everything has gone up at a very unreasonable rate lately. Worst part is I see no sign of it coming back down. 3 or 4 years ago, we saw poly and pvc prices up near $.20', but they dropped back down to an easier to swallow $.10 to .11 PVC and poly seem to be within a penny of each other for me. Which one is cheaper depends on who I ask and when. $.17 to .18 seems to be average. I have a harder time accepting that swing pipe costs the same as 1".
  6. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

1" cls 200 pvc here is about .23 a ft
  7. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

1" CL 200 PVC here is now .23 a foot including tax. Prior to about a month ago we could get it for around .17 a foot.
  8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Material prices are going to stay up for a while, whether it's an energy component, like with copper, or plastic raw material that goes into pipe and sprinklers. I was told that poly prices are tied to natural gas more than to oil, based on the resin source.
  9. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

We have been with JD since day 1 but only use them for the primary irrigation oproducts. When it comes to copper pipe, brass fittings and even pvc we built a relationship with a couple of plumbing supply houses. They sell a whole lot more of these supplies than JD which in turn brings better pricing. I have one plumbing house every year try and sell me Hunter products but they can't touch JD pricing.
  10. sprinklerhead

sprinklerhead LawnSite Member
    from MI.

NO No NO No No thats for copper, my bad!! i have to look on my invoices for pvc. You know of any other distributors. Premier went under ,but i never bought from them anyhow they had junk but it kept price low a john deere. There is one called spartan but thats way to far from us.