John Deere landscapes

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by broken leg, Dec 20, 2003.

1. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

I have been approached by JD to try there products this year coming up. I have always used lesco. has any body had much experience with jd's products.

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

We have been using them for about a year now. If you are buying large volume as we do they will give a nice price break. They can get any fert./chem. you need.

3. broken leg

Avery
    Most of my customers have not herd of lesco so I was counting on name reconitcion to help in selling more of a regular fertlizer program than just once a year in the fall and may be a little in the spring.

4. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Have been using them for a year. Better seeding results in my opinion with there seed than lesco. Lesco rep will carry on about live seed crap etc but JD seed is also $10 a 50lb bag cheaper. Never seen better service anywhere than at my local John Deere.
    They are also adding full service nursery, irrigation and lighting in 2004 to my local.

5. Avery

:confused: I am confused. How does nane recognition help you sell a fertilizer program? Maybe I am missing something. It has been a long day. :dizzy:

6. broken leg

Customers around her fell Jhon Deere means the best. It is a name they know and trust. Lesco has a good name amoung landscapers but means nothing to home owners as far as there cconcerned it could be the cheep stuff.

7. Avery

Must be something unique to your area. Lesco is a widely known name. And besides, not one of my customers could tell you where I buy my chems. or what brands I use. They do not care as long as the correct ones are applied. Do your customers insist on looking at your containers so they know what you are applying? Or do you list brand name on the invoice/contract?

8. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

"not one of my customers could tell you where I buy my chems. or what brands I use." Same here - In fact, on small apps, I carry fertilizers in a bucket which eliminates the torn bag and is unmarked which helps to not alarm customers because some get paranoid and ask a thousand questions (it just opens a whole can o' worms for no reason if they see it).