John Deere lost my mower

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Green Feet Lawn, Mar 20, 2011.

1. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

The humorous thing about this same dealer who screwed me on my Koritz power pruner once sent a 'salesman' to one of my large area grounds mowing gigs. Dude is out walking around, getting in the way and finally the foreman calls me.
    I show up and this guy proceeds to tell he how much better JD mowers are particularly the stand on units than my Gravely's and during all of this I am getting the feeling I have met this jackwad before. I finally remember this chinless wonder was the ex shop tech that had abused my pruner but it got even better - I ask the guy who actually manufacturers the JD stand on unit and of course he says JD.
    I flag one of the guys down who stops next to the JD stand on and guess what - except for paint it was the same exact machine. I ask again and the guy is just staring at the two mowers. Apparently he had never heard of Auburn Industries or the fact A.I. was bought by Dan Ariens the owner of Gravely.
    I decided to put the guy out of his misery and tell him to get lost don't bother me again. Incredibly he didn't remember the incident with the pruner and when I reminded him a 'deer in the headlight' look comes over him and he starts looking around for is truck. He then turns as says he'll call on me but I said again no thanks - if you are too effing stupid to understand the mowers plus being a jackwad about the pole pruner I'd rather stick my johnson in a light socket with the electricity turned on than talk to him again.

2. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't have accepted it and made them replace it with a new one. If that happens DO NOT TAKE IT OFF THERE PROPERTY!!!

3. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

wow...if my mower was stolen i wouldn't take it back...who knows what hell it has been put through by the guys that stole it

4. Green Feet Lawn

Green Feet Lawn LawnSite Member

Received a call today that they found my mower. They tell me it has been done for some time and was in the back in storage. I hope this is the end of the saga.

5. LawnCareNoobie

LawnCareNoobie LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I noticed that you are in the Rochester area. Was this dealer Lakeland Equipment?

6. Green Feet Lawn

Green Feet Lawn LawnSite Member

The Brockport store.

7. zopi

zopi LawnSite Member

LOLs..funny how guys that strive to do business right and keep the custom happy have to deal with jackwagon crap like this...harley dealer lost MY ULTRA for a few hours...want to talk about pissed...Told the guy..ok, I'll take THAT one..pointed at the new one on thte floor...the found my bloody bike.
    Needless to say I won't be back.