1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John Deere Mid Series Z's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JOEWOOD, Mar 27, 2005.

JOEWOOD LawnSite Member

:blob3: Hello Gents,

I'm in the market for eighther the 737 or 757.

737...23 hp
    757...25 hp

Anyone familiar with these machines, and opinion on them?

Thank you guys...Joe
  2. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

737, love mine!
    very impressive, great cut, excellent handling especially on slopes, i could rave for ever but, I'll stop here, just search JD and read the reponses.

JOEWOOD LawnSite Member

Hello Steve, how's she handle tall grass?

How's the fuel economy (if any)?
    Ballpark on the price, if ya don't mind?

Thanks...Joe :blob3:
  4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I also have a 737 and it cuts great with the medium high lifts. I mowed a yard thursday that was knee high. (old hay field) and did not leave one stalk standing So far have been well pleased with my 717 and 737. The 717 mulches as good as any I have ever seen/used.
  5. grass addict

grass addict LawnSite Member

I have had a 757 and a 797 and they are awsome mowers. they handle tall and or wet grass like nothing i've ever been on
  6. LawnWalker

LawnWalker LawnSite Member

Joe Wood
    I'm just a home owner with 5 acres to mow. I bought a JD 737A 54 last June and it is a well designed, easy to maintain, and powerful machine. Actually it is more machine and power than I need and am looking to possibly sell it and down size a bit. I wish you were closer to Tulsa, Oklahoma and we could strike a deal.
    As for pluses, my wife likes to use it and actually spends more time on it than I do. Gas mileage seems to be good but I couldn't give you any specifics. It will get up and move and will cut just about anything. My only concern is the large tires and how they will sometimes make divits in the lawn when you make quick turns.
    As for price, this model is selling for $6999 in Tulsa and with tax the price jumps to about $7500. I'm thinking of selling mine, which has only 140 hours on it for $6400 and no taxes. I just wish you were closer to OK.
    Best wishes in your business.

JOEWOOD LawnSite Member

Thanks to all you guys for your knowledge, and the best of luck with all...Joe
  8. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have the JD 757 with 25hp and 60" deck and it cuts like a dream. I am getting ready to install a mulch kit on it to see how that works. We like this unit so much that we will probably add a 717 48" deck in the near future.
  9. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

I also have a 737 and love it. Great on slopes. One day I had to use it to cut brush and took done a whole field of 3' to 4' high brush. I would not adivise it but it took it right down with no problem. Just had to sharpen the blades.
  10. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a 737 and it cuts good. Holds hills very well. It has a mulch kit on it but is a PAIN in the azz to put on and take off. A million bolts that are hard to get at. Other than that its a good mower. If you are looking for a mower that stripes VERY well stock, this isnt the mower to buy. I had to make a kit for mine. I just used a rubber flap that i made from an old truck bed liner. Good luck. Just demo one and see what you think.