1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

john deere mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by oklahoma77, Apr 26, 2010.

1. oklahoma77

oklahoma77 LawnSite Member

has any one tried the new 900 series john deere mowers?:usflag:
  2. ramcat

ramcat LawnSite Member

yes i have one and it is the best mower i have ever had.....even beats my walker
  3. oklahoma77

oklahoma77 LawnSite Member

i demoed one saturday and it died on me with less than two hrs on it. i thought the ride was a little rough to. my scag blows it away.
  4. dhunterd08

dhunterd08 LawnSite Senior Member

my uncle just traded his 800 for one. He loves it. He always talked about how bad the response was on the 800 compared to the 5 million 700 series he has had. He said they fixed it on the 900 and much better.
  5. Lawn by Deere

Lawn by Deere LawnSite Member

Yep, it's very nice. no problems keeping up with the Scags :laugh:

6. Lawn by Deere

Lawn by Deere LawnSite Member

Oh, it hasn't died on me yet either Thumbs Up
  7. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I got my 925 at the beginning of the month and it is easily the best mower I have used yet. The MOD deck is awesome, the bagger is awesome, hillside performance is awesome, just a great mower all around. If I had the money, I would buy one for everyday of the week.

I just wrote a review of my 925 about a week ago.... http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=314067 ....that should hopefully help you.
  8. LawnCareNoobie

LawnCareNoobie LawnSite Senior Member

It died? What died? The engine? That would be a Kawasaki problem. And you think the JD was a rough ride when you have a Scag? LOL
  9. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an 800 series and the reponse is super quick. A little to quick at times. The 900 series is a slower and smooth responce. Both series cut the same. Same engines, same deck . 900's hydro's and weight distrbution are different.
  10. By Us Company

By Us Company LawnSite Member

We run about 6 of them. No complaints and most say its the best mower they've run.