John Deere or Grasshopper ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stinchcomb Lawn, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Stinchcomb Lawn

Stinchcomb Lawn LawnSite Member

I going to buy a new mower in about two weeks. I have narrowed it down between the Grasshopper diesel and the John Deere diesel, now it is up to all of you to help me decide so dont read this thread without posting your opnion.:confused:

2. nick-bigfootlawn

nick-bigfootlawn LawnSite Member

I say Grasshopper, I just have a bias against John Deere.

3. F.O.S.

F.O.S. LawnSite Member

Well I read this thread so I guess I have to post my opinion,jk... Both are excellent mowers but I'd go with the grasshopper. If you want to know why you can read my posts from the past grasshopper vs. X threads that have came up over the past couple weeks. Good luck with your decision.

4. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I say Grasshopper. I have (2) 321d's and love them. Can't say anything good or bad about John Deere, I've never been on one.

5. bob21

bob21 LawnSite Member

grasshopper is the only way to go about it cost alot now but they are great mowers 722d last along time to

6. Stinchcomb Lawn

Stinchcomb Lawn LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help so far, looks like Grasshopper is in the lead by far. I will say this is very hard for me to decide on alone, both are great mowers but I want to buy the best ! I have the JD 757 now and a JD walk behind. I have tried the Grasshopper and it is a great machine but I have never owned one. Is there any JD fans out there going to give me thier thoughts on this?? I will keep everyone posted on which one I will be buying. Thanks again!!

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

When it comes to diesel Grasshopper all the way. If you had asked about a 25 hp gas engine I would have said John Deere 757. Grasshopper diesels are tried and true 5000 hrs machines in this area.

8. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

wow, what a great reason.

Stinchcomb Lawn: of course i suggest a deere. i don't have a diesel, mainly because i run all gas, and don't need the different fuel type to deal with. i have so far been very happy with my mowers, the 7 iron deck is great. i have run grasshopper, and deere, both are nice machines, obviously you know what choice i went with.

9. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I vote Grasshopper.

10. blublazes

blublazes LawnSite Member

grasshopper 322D here and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I have run grasshopper and deere and GH wins hands down in my book, trust me you won't regret it.

Paul