John Deere or Scag

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by ShaneysLawnCare, Oct 11, 2011.

1. ShaneysLawnCare

ShaneysLawnCare LawnSite Member

I know a lot of people are against Deere, but I know a lot against Scag, and as I am looking for either a hydro walk 48" or a small ZTR 48" I wanna know what you all think what I should get.

Deere or Scag
    and what model

P.S. NO ARGUING PLEASE :) just good honest opinions, maybe cut quality pics also

2. dieseltech

dieseltech LawnSite Senior Member

Scag tiger cat 48". Deere something like a z737 with a 7iron deck. Both have a nice cut. Personally i would lean towards scag
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

they are both great brands personally i like scag. go to your dealer and demo both units and see which one is better for you. goodluck

4. A.T.G LAWN CARE

A.T.G LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

I HAVE A QUESTION ALSO 52in exmark lazer e series for 8,300 or 52 in snapper pro for 7,000 im 16 and very experienced in the industry, cutting grass for 8 yr with my dad now im doing so one my own. and cant spend more than that,,, what do i get ???

5. AuburnHort2005

AuburnHort2005 LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Scag............

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

SCAG SWZ Hydro walk.

In my opinion if you can only use a ride on ZTR that's just 48" wide, your better off walking than riding. You'll get finished quicker and have a much more versatile and cheaper mower.

The 48" SCAG WB is also a nice unit to have as you get bigger and have big ZTR's.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. A.T.G LAWN CARE

A.T.G LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

I was going to buy a exmark metro36 with bag and sullky and one of the zero turn for larger properties tho.

8. ShaneysLawnCare

Id personally say go get a John Deere 720a or the exmark, DEFFINATLY not the snapper, just my thoughts on that one
    pm me if you have any more questions, I might be able to help out with

9. ShaneysLawnCare

Ive got a Z925A for the bigger acounts, but I was curious, cause for a walker Ive already got my little idy bity 32" John Deere (for gates mainly) and need somthing for some tighter spots on bigger yards, i dont do many small town yards alot of 1 acre lots

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

52" WB then?
    Posted via Mobile Device