John Deere or SCAG?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenBlade, May 4, 2012.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

either one will be great. they both are excellent machines. buy whichever one you get a better deal on.

2. GreenBlade

GreenBlade LawnSite Member

We went to both the SCAG & JD dealer. The JD dealer was awful to work with, so we headed to the SCAG dealer. He was very friendly, & gave us a lot of very good information. So, we have decided to go with the SCAG! I'll be purchasing after the sell of my Cub Cadet!

3. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

As a homeowner who has had a Scag Wildcat for six years now, I do not think you will be dissapointed.

At the time I researched and looked and polked over both brands before arriving at my decision to go Scag. For a comparable machine for the dollar I think it is better built.

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

good choice. screw dealers that will not work with you. i hope they all go out of business.

5. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Does he have a demo you can try out? I would recommend trying out any machine you are spending that much money on. Scags are excellent I've only owned them and Exmark in my 12 years of business. However, I've tried just about every brand to confirm my decision not just take others opinion.
    Posted via Mobile Device