John Deere Price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfman33, Aug 28, 2002.

1. turfman33

turfman33 LawnSite Member

I'm looking for a price on a John deere Hydro 36". I have a belt drive and it is slipping like crazy in the wet. I had to pull my 21" off the trailer Tuesday and cut a fair size yard. I have been doing a search on the web but I'm not coming up with much in the way of price. Plus, I am still making payment on the belt drive. Do you think that the store will make a deal some how so I can get the Hydro?

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

how old is your belt drive? I have a hunch that either the belt that goes from the engine to the tranny(under the mower frame) is slipping or the actuall drive belts are slipping. Both are easy fixes. To tighten the one under the frame, just loosen the bolt that holds a tensioning pulley a smidgen and pry it over a bit so as to get good tension on the belt. If it is the drive belts, your operators manual ought to have info on how to do that. I am not fimiliar with pistols so maybe someone on this sight can lend some info. Hope this saves you from having to get a hydro.

3. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

I run a GS45 and rain and/or water will not even slow it down.
    Check all the belts to start with. If you are going to get rid of it E-Mail me first.