John Deere Quik-Trak™ Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by madisonpressurewashing, Sep 14, 2009.

1. madisonpressurewashing

madisonpressurewashing LawnSite Senior Member

Any one here use these? How would you rate them to the other stand on mowers?

2. madisonpressurewashing

No one has an idea?!?

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I had a demo of one for about 4 days back in late May. It was a very good mower. I can't compare it YET to other standons but by the end of the month I will be able to compare it to the wright zk and stander rh.

What would you like to know about it?

4. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

I now own one, and love it. Stripes are crisp and loud, cut is clean. Its not exactly the quickest but its still a tank. Only gripe is its stability on hills isnt the best.

5. mowerbrad

I thought the one I had was great on hills. It was the big 60".

6. oakwdman

Maybe I just need a little practice, time will tell lol. And mine is also a 60".

7. madisonpressurewashing

Is it easy to drive around? How is the ride?

8. mowerbrad

It takes a little bit to get used to standing and mowing. But I got the hang of it after the first or second lawn. By the third lawn, it was like I had been using it for the past two years.

The ride was actually very good. It does have a small suspension in the platform to help absorb some of the bumps. It is very comfortable to ride, but like I said before you have to get used to it.

9. oakwdman

The ride is not too bad. if your haulin' on a bumpy lawn your gonna bounce. but besides that it is nice. And as far as being easy to drive around, its just like any other stander; strong and responsive hydros.

10. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was a big fan before the ZK mowers were introduced, now Im a small fan, hence 647a. However you can find some decent deals on older used models.