John Deere Quik Trak

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Industry Pro, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member

Interested in purchasing one next season...I've asked a lot of questions on Lawnsite and I think I want a stand on machine. The only brands I can get are Scag, Exmark, Toro, and John Deere and I like the Deere the best. One of the largest LCO in my area has a ton of them. I would like any and all opinions, pictures, testimonials, prices..Just any thoughts you guys have on these machines. I'm pretty set on a stand on machine, but do you guys have any cons toward it vs. a sit down ztr ? Perhaps something slipped my mind that I need to reconsider? Thanks for the help! I'm sorry if this thread might be redundant but I just want all of the info in one place and purchasing an 8,000$ machine is a lot to consider.

~~Zach:usflag:

2. madisonpressurewashing

madisonpressurewashing LawnSite Senior Member

Demo, demo, demo

3. madisonpressurewashing

madisonpressurewashing LawnSite Senior Member

After that demo demo demo

4. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member

bump bump bump

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

mowerbrad has one maybe you can ask him

6. Dodge Boys

Dodge Boys LawnSite Member

I have three stand up's..... Two Toro's with 48" decks (which I wouldn't recommend), both 2009 models - finally all the recalls and problems seem to be fixed, have about 600 to 700 hrs on each.... They haven't been bad this year but we did go through two horrible years with them..... Have a 2011 John Deere quick trak, about 250hrs on it now, never been a minutes trouble, far superior cut compared to the Toro's, and no lack of power...

7. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Howdy neighbor,
    Isn't there a Wright dealer in tyler? Have you looked at them? I would go for either Exmark or Scag. I have both in Walkbehind and Rider, respectively, and I like the deck/cut quality on the exmark and the spindles/ease of maintenance/etc of the scag.
    mike

8. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Did you see the pics of the new Badboy standon? Looks pretty nice and I know there is a dealer in Paris TX. I have been wanting a stand on machine myself but have to sell my Walker first. I will be checking out the Badboywhen he gets a demo in.

9. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I sent you a PM.

Price wise, you'll probably get the best price in the spring. When I bought mine they had a rebate (maybe $400 if I remember correctly), so in the end my 2011 48" quik trak was $6300+tax. But you have to remember that not all dealers get the same pricing, it depends on their sales volumes and distributor.

Let me know if you have any questions.

10. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

In my opinion standing all day while riding basically a bucking bronc is going to have your knees hating you in a big way by the end of the day. In turn that'll cause hatred of the machine too.

I'm buying another mower in the spring and its going to be a JD 960Z ztr with the 60" MOD deck.
    Or at least thats the plan now.