1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John Deere Reliable?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by realtree27, Jul 13, 2007.

1. realtree27

realtree27 LawnSite Member
    from harrah

Iam demoing a JD 757 and I like it but iam just curious to know from people that have them or had them? Are they reliable machines?

Thank Marc Davis
  2. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

In a word .......... Yes.
  3. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 737 and 757. They are great machines.
  4. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

I don't own one but my son does. He mows 54 acres weekly (full time job) with exactly the same model you are looking at.

This is a military/law enforcement training facility in the Florida panhandle. Nothing but bahia grass in sandy and uneven conditions.

I'm not talking lawns, I'm talking fields, with no problems at all, other than going thru a lot of blades.

I considered the JDs when I was looking at zero turns and the only reason I bought the Hustler was because of the smoother ride with the flex forks. I'm 50 with lower back problems and do mostly large properties (a lot of time mowing) so I went with the added comfort.
  5. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

6. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

very good.
  7. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Ive only owned a Deere a short time (5 months). Built well, great cut....I think youll be happy with it.
  8. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

I mow 42 acres on a military installation with challenging slopes and a butt load of trees. The JD 757 has been a great addition to my equipment and is my primary machine for that job. My dealer/service department has been excellent.
  9. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Thats all we run and we love them! I have tried others but I have had the best luck with the Deere's. They get ran hard, day in and day out with ZERO downtime. We have very strict maintenance schudules for all mowers and I think that it pays off showing our current repairs bills that are really non- existant. They get ran thru an aray of different types of properties that include but not limited to. State propertys (military base) Large industrial propertys, Medical and office facilitys, to the residntials, to the very worst for mowers at least, cemeterys and we do fairly large ones with tons of stones. A lot of our propertys are also in spots that are very steep. So as you can see all the types of propertys that we maintain, we strongly rely on the Deere's. I dont think that you could go wrong if you are considering a Deere as a purchase.
  10. Sammyv

Sammyv LawnSite Member

Never any problems with my 717A. Three years old and never in the shop. Routine maintenance only.