1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere salesman don`t know jack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B-2 Lawncare, Jul 22, 2012.

1. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

OK so the john Deere sales guy isn't sure that there is way to stop the mulch on demand lever at the half way point, do any of you guy know if they stopped making that portion of the handle for the 2012 model oh and its a z925a

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I've read of other guys here doing just that, but it must have been dropped for 2012 because my Z950 doesn't let you do it either.

3. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

My 2010 doesn't have it either. It might be part of the bagger kit. I have some of the top sales and parts guys that I know of. I have to talk to them tomorrow. I'll let you know the scoop after I find out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. B-2 Lawncare

Thanks like I have said be four this site is full of guy who know a lot, and I appreciate the help.

5. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

I forgot to say that I always wanted it too, but since I'm using oem wavy mulch blades I don't need it. Most of the time now I use as a mulching mower. I have a few large properties I leave it open.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I think you may be right Jim. Mowerbrad has a 2010 925 and I know he can do it when bagging, so it may be a stop system deal that comes with the bagger. My quadrant for the open/close lever has two notches in it, but there's nothing on the lever to engage those notches.

Hey, did you get any pics of your plant tour at all?

7. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

That lever is part of the bagging system, at least it was for previous years. My 2010 Z925 has it (also has the bagging system) and the demo 2011 Z950 I had last year also had it (with the bagging system too).

Do you have the bagging system on your machine? If not, then there is your problem. Plus, I can't imagine needing to partially close the MOD deck when not bagging.

8. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

Posted via Mobile Device

9. B-2 Lawncare

No banging system here.

10. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

I hope you can sort my words from yours. It's been doing that to me a lot lately here.
    Posted via Mobile Device