John Deere snow thrower cross reference?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by luketrash, Dec 10, 2005.

1. luketrash

luketrash LawnSite Member

I am trying to find a snow thrower or even a blade for the front of my 1988 JD 160 tractor. I see several throwers on ebay and I'm trying to find a way to check to see if the model numbers will attach to my tractor. So far I haven't found anything online that will tell me if I can even hook a thrower up to my tractor. I assume I can since the front 'bumper' has holes in it to attach accessories.

I'd be greatful for any information that can crosswalk part numbers of blades and throwers that will bolt up to my 160.

Thanks,

Luke in Iowa

2. kmclawn

kmclawn LawnSite Member

Check with your JD dealer. They will be able to tell you. John Deere is known for having a few snowblowers that fit alot of different models. The only difference is the mounting hardware. Hope this helps.

3. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

www.weekendfreedommachines.org

Lots of folks there with throwers for sale in Iowa and a lot of knowledge on what fits what and how to mod something else to fit as well. Your 160 will be in the Late Model forum.

4. chopper2

chopper2 LawnSite Member

luketrash,
    I ran into the same thing you are going through now. I have a 165 that is the same basic tractor as what you have and here is what i come up with
    snowblower model#MO2460x, MO2461x, MO O246x these are the serial numbers but the actual model is a 38 or a 338(will require slight modifications)
    hope this helps

5. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

The 338 fits the 108/111/112L/116 tractors, not sure if it will work with the 130-185 series LT's.