john deere standers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by P.Services, Feb 24, 2008.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

is any one running john deere standers? if so what do you think of them? if i change from scags i think i would go to jd. i really wish scag or exmark would make a stander.

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i have often thought what would happen to the market if too many companies made stand on units. just the way everyone calls them standers tells you wright is the clear choice. i think the jd is better than the dane( i know they are the same company now) due to the deck, the dane clogged a bit more than i think the 7 irons. i think that is the one thing jkd has going fort them

3. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I did a demo on one about a year ago, and I really didn't like it. To me it was too long, I didn't like the floating deck, it didn't hold hills or jump curbs very well at all. However I did like the cut and speed. So for now I think I will stick with Wright Stander, just my opinion.

4. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I run one and I like it.

5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I bought an '04 JD Quik Trak 647 last spring. It cuts nice and I really like mowing on a stander type mower. Its built well and I have had no problems with it. It also did a nice job mulching leaves with a mulch kit.

Only negative....the two Deere dealers around here are terrible. For this reason alone I will never buy another Deere.

As for the mower...its great!

6. kings lawn

kings lawn LawnSite Member

wright is the first and best asfar as im concerned...they suied great dane for patient infrindgments and won. Great dane did a few designe changes the most noticable was wheel base. That made them less stable on hills. JD aquired great dane design and put there paint on it but basicly the same design. try wright first..

7. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 657 and love it

8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Not hardly. The Deere products use 7 Iron II mowing deck that is common across their commercial product lines. The deck has proven itself to produce good mowing results in many parts of the country. Also, JD has made many changes in the stand-on models in the past couple of years. The products are very unlike the GD products that were transferred from GD several years ago.

9. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I agree...I think overall the Wright is a better mower...and probably better customer service support.