John Deere standon's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HazellLawnCare, May 5, 2002.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone else have one? How do you like it? I've used mine very very little like 4 hours or so I'm waiting for the bagger to be "released"
  2. Andrews Lawn

Andrews Lawn LawnSite Member

I looked at one of these this evening at my local Deere dealership and I don't wan't to say anything bad about your purchase but in my opinion i think Wright Standers are 10x the machine that the Deere will ever be. I wish you well with your mower but it's because Great Dane/John Deere have to pay a royalty to Wright is why they aren't as good as Standers. In the agreement that the two companies made, Dane agreed to certain features that they could not duplicate on their mowers.

how much did you pay for your Mower? Did you look at the Wright standers and demo them?
  3. watatrp

watatrp LawnSite Senior Member

I'm on my third season with my Great Dane Super Surfer. It's the same as the JD. It has a 52" deck. It is a time saver. It's compact, low center of gravity, great on hills. Visibility is great cause you are up so high. Best thing is not worrying about what's behind you when you make a turn close to things. The only "back end" you have to worry about hitting somethng is your own.
  4. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

The nearest Wright Stander dealer is like 100 miles away. Way too far in this area you either buy a toro from the lazy piece of sh*t dealer oh yeah he also sells husquavarna's which I own one of that is junk, john deere or kubota. So far I have had awesome luck with the deeres and Kubotas. I hate to buy any equip out of my home town. The break down time is way to much.