1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John Deere striping kit questions

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BobbyKnight, Mar 17, 2006.

1. BobbyKnight

BobbyKnight LawnSite Member

I am having a striping kit put onto my 737 w/ a 54 inch deck. I did a search on it and read a few things and saw a few pictures, but didn't find answers to a few questions still.

1. Do you want the bar sitting directly on the ground or to stay above the ground maybe a quarter of an inch or so?

2. How does this kit do on uneven ground?

3. Is there much of a problem on it getting hung up on things? If so, what sort of things should I watch for?

4. Is it much of a problem to adjust the heights? For the past 4 years, I have mowed usually around 15 lawns and mow most around three inches, but I do mow a few upwards to 3.5 inches, including my own.

5. Lastly, is it worth the $$ having this kit installed? I just like to have as professional of a look as possible on my own lawn and those I do.

Thanks in advance for your answers.