1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John Deere T30S trimmer (Homelite)

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Tomuchmowing4me, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Tomuchmowing4me

Tomuchmowing4me LawnSite Member

I have 3 trimmers I use around my home and have always wondered why the T30S JD trimmer (year made 98) goes counter clockwise when cutting? The other two, McCullough and smaller Homelite both cut clockwise. I thought it might have screwed up somehow, but the line cutter on the head cover is set up for counter clockwise too. Just wonder why this one was set up counter clockwise? Left handers maybe?
  2. Tomuchmowing4me

Tomuchmowing4me LawnSite Member

OK, so does anyone else have a trimmer that cuts counter clockwise? I bought this one new back in 2000 and it is dated as a 98. Never gave it much thought back then, but I started wondering why this one is built like this.
  3. Threxx

Threxx LawnSite Member

I can't remember which direction mine goes, I just know that I prefer to hold the trimmer in a 'left handed' position (left hand up front) but when I do that I get a lot more debris hitting my legs than if I swap. From what I can tell if I use it with my hands swapped it's much less painful to wear shorts when I trim.:D

So I kinda wonder if the opposite turning trimmer is unofficially for left handed people or something?