John Deere Tractor Search

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by SLC LLC, Nov 1, 2007.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I am in the process of deciding which tractor I am going to buy. I am pretty much sold on going with the John Deere, but am open to suggestions. John Deere and Case are the big dealers in my area.

The tractor will be used in the business from time to time, but we are mainly a mowing/maintenance group. Landscape is not big for my business. So the main item from a business standpoint would be loading mulch from the pile into the trucks. I also own 7 acres of ground, and will be using it around the ground for various things.

I have looked at the 3320, 4520, and the 990. That 990 unit sounds pretty inticing to me. Anyone have thoughts on this?
  2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i roll with and articulated loader, not a deere fan but any will do. if your loading truck articulated is the way to go, that and they won't mar up your gravel like a ag tractor... i know this from much experience in the nursery business. our favorite loading area tractor is a bobcat 2410... then a toolcat... then the john deere ag tractors which pretty much just haul stuff in from the fields.