John Deere versus kubota mini excavator

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by phunter, May 7, 2012.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

The Kubota makes 20gpm at the aux lines which should be fine turning an auger. Bradco makes good stuff so I would not worry. Which model auger?

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Kubota makes a really nice machine. We have a U-55 with thumb and angle blade. Thumb is really well built and very strong, I was really surprised at how much pushing power the machine has with the angle blade. Kubota machines really spec out above most other models. When we were shopping around Deere couldn't come close to Kubota's price.

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I would imagine the additional 60 size would be noticable. It looks bigger than my machine so if you want something bigger than a 50 and dont want to step up to 70's then the deere might be nice.

4. jwilkes

jwilkes LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

5. CarlBuilt

CarlBuilt LawnSite Member

Check out a thread on Heavy Equipment Forum under compact excavators there are a few guys on there complaining about there KXO57 machines.

6. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

When you run pilot controls the charge pressure is extremly important and if they are not properly adjusted teh machine will be a mess. Kubota uses a system where the flow is diverted to the cylinder with the most load so in theory at lower engine speeds machine efficiency will stay up. It works on my Kx-161 well I always run at half throttle. So I am not sure if Kubota isolates one pump for the aux circuit which would makes sense that the guys mower is slowing down when using other functions. If I remember right the house rotation should be the only one to not take away from the aux?

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Travel function should slow the aux function down if a machine's pumps are set up right.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. jwilkes

jwilkes LawnSite Member

I bought a kx-057 in January I've put 175 hours on with no problems what so ever I tried cat and deere but kubota worked best for me
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. anthonyp

anthonyp LawnSite Member

Seems like several owners on Heavy Equipment are having problems....I was thinking of a 57 but think I will wait....On my small L series the hydraulics are not as attuned as the old 300deere from long ago....Seems as though the curl does not operate simultaneously With the lift.....Tony

10. trailbuilder

trailbuilder LawnSite Member

I am a big fan of the JD 050D. I have run the rubber track and own the steel track version.
    I previously had a Komatsu 45 and the 50 is much nice. Never ran the Kubota.....