John Deere Vs. Gravely 260

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by hertelbr, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I have no experience with the 260, but I have a full season with my MOD. The MOD is far superior to a chute blocker in how it performs when trying to mulch.

I made mine even better by going to the OEM wavy mulcher blades and making some new baffles to go underneath to replace the two adjustable baffles that come stock on the machine underneath between each blade at the rear side. Now each blade is completely its own compartment when the MOD is closed and there's no windrow along the right side blocker plate like you get with a chute blocker, and to a lesser degree with the stock MOD set-up.

My set-up makes mulching leaves a lot better and more efficient by not blowing any away from the front of the deck like it did stock, especially with the OEM high lifts. It also mulches grass much better/finer now. It didn't take more than about a half hour to make the new baffle plates to bolt in using the stock bolts and mounting holes.

2. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

Ill put my 260z up against any mid mount . I love the cut and the ride is very comfortable. All I can say is try it and you'll buy it ! Best of luck
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Can you post a pic of the baffles.

On the Collection system, it's a dump-from-seat so it does not have bags you can look at or feel.

4. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

On this site, once you've posted pics from your computer, it won't let you download them again into another thread. You can probably find them if you do a search here on the MOD.

As for the bag comment, that is my signature line. Something I quoted from another member that makes me laugh when I read it, not a comment I was making here.

5. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I thought you were referring to another thread I did on the DFS collection system.

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

No problem.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013