1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by noahb195, Apr 12, 2012.

1. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody have any experience with the WH52 walkbehind model? I was looking at them and thats one sweet mower. Just wondering how they do.

2. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Nobody has ever used this mower? Come on guys!

3. rmslawns

rmslawns LawnSite Member

I am looking for same info you were asking about. I have a hustler trimstar but like the look of the WH52. I would like to demo one to compare.

4. KV9064

KV9064 LawnSite Member

I demoed one, it cut nice but was very clumsy and bulky to operate. I personally didnt like it but you'll have to try it yourself. The Hustler Trimstar is faster and easier to operate.

5. rmslawns

rmslawns LawnSite Member

Were the controls for driving the JD not easier then the hustler? I like the hustler but once the glue holding the grips gets soft in hot weather, it is not as much fun. I will demo one soon I hope so I can compare. The JD controls look like the gravely.

6. KV9064

KV9064 LawnSite Member

well John Deere buys the mowers from Gravely, so yea its the same machine. Just painted green thats the only difference.