John Deere WH36A

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by magilla12, Apr 18, 2011.

1. magilla12

magilla12 LawnSite Member

I don't have time for much of a review this evening, but I will get it out tomorrow and get some good pics and a test run. My first impression is good. I had the mulch attachment installed and it is heavy steal instead of plastic, I think this might be a winner for me anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LawnCareNoobie

LawnCareNoobie LawnSite Senior Member

Mind if I asked what you paid for the walk behind? I'm looking for a 36" WB with a floating deck so I was curious.

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I'm very interested in hearing how users like these new JD walk behinds. They seem to be a good design. The thing I am most curious about, though, is the cut quality and if it is up to par with the 7iron decks.

4. magilla12

I paid $4900 plus tax with the mulch kit. I will try to get some good pics of the deck and some before and after mowing pics tomorrow.

5. LawnCareNoobie

Thank you. Looks like I won't be getting anything like that right away. A bit out of my price range. lol

6. magilla12

Here are a few pics of the deck, sorry for the quality. It's so dry here I can't get any pictures of the quality of the cut, but I will if it ever rains, my first impressions are that it is going to be very good. The handling is good but my driving isn't yet. I like the features on this mower, but I haven't seen any others up close to compare, I only have a JD dealer too choose from in my small town, but that's ok with me..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. LawnCareNoobie

Looks real nice.

8. magilla12

Still very dry here in OK, but I have 8hrs on the new mower and can say that the quality of cut is very good. I don't have any pics yet, but if it ever rains I will try to get some.

9. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Things are starting to dry up here to nothing runs like a deere.

10. johndeeretech09

johndeeretech09 LawnSite Member

thats the exact thing im worried about. havent sold one yet so not really sure.