1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John Deere X324(4ws) a buy or...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grzube, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Grzube

Grzube LawnSite Member

Hey there guys, looking for a 2nd mower to add, we've spent alot of $ this year in equipment so budjet comes into play. I'm looking at the JD X324{4ws}
    22 kw engine, 48" deck, $5380 cdn. We mow lawns from 5-40,000 sq/ft, a ztrn was an option but we have a leaf trailer/vac for the rear and also thinking of adding a frt sweeper. So what do you guys think, I really value your opinions!
  2. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

The X324 AWS will not accept a front sweeper. If you want a front broom, you have to go to the X700 series. If I was in your place, I would look at the X500 series. The X534 offers the AWS option, and 54" Edge decks are available. The X500's replaced what use to be the 325, 335, 345, 355D series, which were hydraulic lift and angle, power steering, liquid cooled, etc. (Basically, more components for commercial use) But, after all that is said, it comes down to you. Affordability, personal preference, etc. are all factors you have to look at. Nobody else but you knows how involved your going to get in the business, and if you have the ability to make money with the machine. BTW, the X534 AWS 54" Edge deck is $7499 USD....:waving:
  3. Grzube

Grzube LawnSite Member

There is an after market frt broom for $1600 cdn for the X324, because I asked the same question concerning available options.