John Deere X534

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4 Seasons, May 27, 2007.

1. 4 Seasons

4 Seasons LawnSite Member

Picked up a JD X534 this spring and have been using it every day this year for mowing, de-thatching, fertilizing, and hauling mulch. I wasn't sure how I would like this tractor but this thing is so versitile. It cuts great and believe it or not stripes pretty well w/o a kit. It has a 14 degree turn radius, so it's almost like using a ztr. Does anyone else use one of these tractors? If so, I'd like to get your thoughts!
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

No... but I have been waiting around for someone to talk about these mowers.

Other guys my "snub" them... but personally I think zero turning is way over rated. Your machine probably turns as tight as you ever need to turn, and I bet you can actual cut in a tighter circle than a ZTR without causing turf damage.

Do you mind sharing what you paid?

Did you check out the Kubota GR series at all before buying the X534?
  3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I am with Envy on this one. I like them for the other task.
  4. 4 Seasons

4 Seasons LawnSite Member

I was expecting to get some negetive comments about this machine and all I can say is that I was sceptacle @ first but after using it now for 2 months I havn't even took my ztr out of the garage. The people that knock this mower have never tried one out. This machine does everything that a ztr can do and more. I've actually tried to make some turf damage and it's almost impossible unless you floor it while turning. Envy I paid $7500.00 for the tractor w/ front mount De-Thatcher, 14 bushel bagger, Powerflow & Chute, Mulch kit and 2 quick tatch weights. I got a good discount w/ my fleet card. I also picked up a tow behind broadcast spreader and dump trailer. The only thing that I wished was available for this mower is the 7 IronII deck w/ mulch on demand. I have that on my JD 737 and it is great.
  5. Post Mowing

Post Mowing LawnSite Member

i have a X485 four-wheel steer and i love it it rocks.
  6. Envy Lawn Service

Well, I figured they would come bashing too... but so far they haven't.

That's good.

I'll be back and we'll talk more... good to have this thread here... I appreciate it.
  7. mowerdog

mowerdog LawnSite Member

i picked up a JD X534 last year for mowing. It works real nice on my larger properties and yes I would like to see it with 7 iron II deck. If I had to do it again I would have bought a X724 or X744, tighter turning radius with 62 in deck
  8. Envy Lawn Service

They offer some of the 700's with the 7 Iron.

Don't believe it is the 7 Iron II though.
  9. Envy Lawn Service

Are any of you guys running the 4wheel steer on slopes?

I've always wondered what their manners were like while turning on slopes.
  10. ozark

ozark LawnSite Member

I run a x495 on slopes. It takes a bit of practice to get efficient but still works. Im use to running the x595 4wd and all i need to do is pull the lever and go. If your all wheel steer has differential lock you will be amazed where it will go. I can get them to go "almost" anywhere my 4x4 goes. Sometimes you have to turn the rear wheels downhill to keep from spinning to get the machine rolling and then turn them uphill once you get momentum. Then if you still cant make it just go to the bottom and lock the differential and go straight up.