john deere z-track mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cntryboymc, Jun 9, 2003.

1. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

hello,im new to this site.i have a couple ?'s.i have a john deere z track mower(23 hp,54" cut).anyone have one?any feedback on these?also what do people like for pickups?i have two chevys and am considering a new truck.thank you.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to Lawnsite, your new fountain of knowledge!!!

Z Trak M 600 series? As in like M 655 and so forth?

As for trucks, I've gotten good service out of Fords. So I stick with what works for me and gives me good service life. I probably should go shopping for at least a Super Duty. But I'm a simple man and I get by with my Ranger XLT.

3. cntryboymc

it is a 737 ztrack mower.seems to be pretty good,much faster than jd 345 that i had last year.

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Welcome to Lawnsite. I run a 2002 JD 757. What series are you talking about 600, 700, or the M series? I like Fords and Chevys have both, 2002 Silverado and 1989 f-250 Diesel both 4x4s.

jd ls 076.jpg

5. cntryboymc

it is a jd 737-54" cut.any thing bad heard about gm hd 2500 pickups 2001 and newer?

6. cntryboymc

how much did bagger cost for z track mower?

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I gave around $1100 for the bagger, does a good job but needs to be bigger fills up to fast. I like the peco units but I wanted the bags so its easier to dump into the pickup truck.

8. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

I just got a 737 this past winter. Had some pitch problems with the deck but three trips to the dealer and a call to John Deere fixed that problem. Been very pleased ever since. Seems to be a very tough machine.

As for puckup, I am currently on my second F150 and looking to upgrade to a 350 this winter, got to pay for this lawnmower first.
    Love Ford trucks but that is what I have been been around all my life. Very good local dealer. That is the real difference.

9. gpriddy

gpriddy LawnSite Member
    from MD

ive got the f680 ztrak, out front a little for the hills I mow helps a great deal.
    I was recently looking at the MCS (material collection system) for the JD and dealer quoted $1700. This sounds high since it doesn't have an independant drive engine, it runs off the mower deck pulleys, anyone have a comment.

Love the JD Ztrak and Ford p/ups

10. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

Well I have the f620 ztrak with a 54" 7 iron deck it works great, I am also considering a bagger the mower is 3 years old and has 531 hours on it and still runs great.

Steve
    Potomac Lawns Inc.