John Deere Z-Trak Kanzaki Pump

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimQ, Jul 17, 2007.

1. deerex

deerex LawnSite Member

fertguy31, Who is your dealer there in columbus?

2. fertguy31

fertguy31 LawnSite Member

Green Thumb

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Checkmate.

4. fertguy31

fertguy31 LawnSite Member

checkmate?

5. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

I love it when somebody hits the nail right on the head!

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I would say openly offering the name of your dealer when asked was a checkmate move.

These guys insist you are lying.
    But why would you do that openly if you were?

CHECKMATE.

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Envy Not,

Obviously, you have nothing of value to add to this thread. So why are you even posting this crap?

8. Pumper

Pumper LawnSite Member

Fertguy,

Did you buy all the mowers at the same time? Could they all have come out of the same batch of pumps? If there was a quality problem, it tends to show up in batches or shipments from the factory. The guy on the assembly line could have been rushed and forgot to Lock-tite in a bolt or check valve or something like that. It is unlikely but definitely not unheard of before.

9. Grass Cake

Grass Cake LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone C

But if i bought 6 new mowers from any dealer/brand and
    all 6 had the same problem. I wouldn't be taking loaners from them,i'd be hauling them all back to their front door and shopping elsewhere.
    TonyR made a big fuss over his (1)997 and finally got a side discharge deck he could work with.

Imagine 6 duds all to the same guy!

Why aren't the forums littered with bad Kanzaki pump post Envy? Your a senior member here and i respect your knowledge, but even you, (a non-believer in JD ) have to be skeptical about this topic.

I'm not calling the guy a liar....but something ain't right!

10. Thadwald

Thadwald LawnSite Member

I'm not sure how this forum works, and I apologize for bumping up an old thread.
    I recently purchased a used Deere Z997 that needed a new pump. I have now taken the unit apart and found that all it needs is a new input shaft and a few bearings on th Kanzaki pump. You mentioned that repair parts are available for it. Could you please let me know where I can find these?
    Thanks