John Deere Z-Trak Kanzaki Pump

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimQ, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

LOL.... funny when old threads come back and old guys get email notifications...

2. Thadwald

Thadwald LawnSite Member

Google is your friend

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I was just giving these other boys a hard time...

Cause these things supposedly don't break :hammerhead:

4. Opee

Opee LawnSite Member

Was just informed my 717A with 170 hrs and the second hyd.pump is going to need a third new pump and wheel motor 2300.and change,and they don't even blink when they tell you:mad::mad:

5. teckjohn

teckjohn LawnSite Senior Member

Just give me a ring 334 400 5459

6. WildWill

WildWill LawnSite Member

my 777 deere blew its pump guts, also ruining one hydro motor after only 350 residential use hours. all PMs were performed the only minor issue the dealer point out was the right tire was worn more than left since my 5 flat acres of lawn is wooded (discharge chute is on right). no luck finding someone to rebuild a kamikaze duped pump. very interesting to see how many (dozens) of new replacement pumps are sold on both ebay & amazon....shows lots of us are replacing them & these things really do break a lot. crazy to spend this much money on a mower and being told by a dealer they should mow only level & straight lots.

7. teckjohn

But you have to have 2 of the same kind and use parts to repair one or the other

8. tnb8831

tnb8831 LawnSite Member

Robbo its actually true that these pumps are failing more frequently then they should i have been thru 4 pumps under 1000hrs
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. teckjohn

10. db682

db682 LawnSite Member

A couple months ago when I was at AgPro looking for a new ZTR an owner for a large lawn service was picking up parts and warned me of the pumps on the Z-traks. He was talking about how it's all unitized and impossible to repair. He was pissed because he does all his own service work on out of warranty stuff and said that when the pumps go bad on the Z-tTaks you basically have to order a whole new pump to replace it because they are a nightmare to rebuild. He said he's rebuilt 2 but it cost more to rebuild and it took forever to get parts so now he just bites the bullet and buys the whole pump assemblies. He said to look at the Scags they had and avoid the Z-Traks. He said at least with Scag the only issues he's had in the past has been wiring harnesses and usually it's a quick and easy fix. He was planning on getting rid of all his Z-traks this winter and going back to Hustler or getting more Scags.

Now I know exactly what he was talking about.