John Deere Z Trak Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jathames, May 15, 2008.

1. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

Just wanted to know what you guys think of the Z Trak John Deere Mowers.. They look really good. I have heard really good things about them. Any response would be appreciated.

2. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

3. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

I've got an '03 M655, 2 '05 997 (72" & 60") and an '07 757 and just to round out the field a 14 year old F725 out front mower. I like my Deere's and the dealer support ( I'm putting the mechanics kids through college!) We mow 180 acres a cycle (7 to 12 days). We run sticks out most of the time, hard on the mowers. Dealer support is critical, more so than machine manufacturer. Can parts be supplied the next morning? (Phoned in at 4:20 this afternoon, 2 deck support brackets will be at the dealer's parts counter at 8:00 tomorrow morning) Note there is no 800 series in this list, I'm just sitting back and waiting on that one.

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I would just try to stay with the 700 series till they get some bugs worked out of the 800 series. I've hear very little negative about the 757, 777, etc.

5. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

do not touch the 800 series nothing but problems.

6. 7 IRON

7 IRON LawnSite Member
    from VT

I call it a lack of research and d:hammerhead:evelopment.

7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I have used my 717A for two seasons and believe it to be an excellent piece of equipment. Further, it does a great job mowing.

If a 717A is your choice, and you are considering a spindle driven bagger, then you should reconsider the model. The 19HP Kaw would be skinny on power for a spindle driven bagger.

8. derekarbeiter

derekarbeiter LawnSite Member

The z trak line of mowers are very good, at least with the 700 series. I have had a 717A going on four seasons and love the mower. From what i have heard about the 800 series, i wouldnt touch them and the 900s, only time will tell. Honestly, I think the 7-Iron deck is the only thing Deere has going for them with their new models. There is a lot more brands out there though than just Deere. I suggest you to demo every unit you can and see what YOU like the best.