john deere z trak

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BOBSTER31, Aug 19, 2001.

1. BOBSTER31

BOBSTER31 LawnSite Member

I am looking to purchase my first ztr riding mower. I am looking hard at the dixie chopperxw2500 with the honda engine but i am not sure it comes with the amsoil filter are the donaldson air filter. I am also looking at johndeeres ztrak looks like it a nice machine. Does anyone no much about the ztrak. I also have a exmark dealer near by i want to by a machine that will last a long time and give me the least trouble. Your opinions would be a appreciated. Thanks BOB

2. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Hello BOBSTER31, and welcome to LawnSite! :)

Try This:

Go to the 'SEARCH' link at the top of this page and type "John Deere ZTR" or "John Deere ZTRAK" in the search topic box.

You will find lots of info this way. I saw a pretty good thread about the M665 by doing this.

Happy reading! :D

3. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Bobster, I have a m665 Deere z , it's only got a couple hundred hours on it right now, but so far it's been a really good mower. You mentioned choppers and lazers, I think you would be well pleased by any of these 3 mowers. The best thing would be to demo them all, if possible demo them side-by-side. Then you'll know which one suits you best. Also look at the local dealers and decide which one will serve you the best and fastest, if and when you have repairs. The dealer will make alot of difference in the long run. Goodluck

4. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

From what I read in Eric's post the honda dixie is not avable with the Donaldson or the Amsoil filter on it. We had a demo on a z-track 60 inch, the speed and quality of cut were both vary good. Also, our Deer dealer is new in town so the price was quite good. (around the mid 7000 range I think).

5. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont be too worried about the brand (but try Hustler), go talk to the dealer. You want a dealer who can support you if anything goes wrong. If the dealer wont help you, it wouldnt matter if you had the best machine in the world. Check out the different brands, demo each unit, and talk to the dealer to find out if he is willing to help you out if there is ever a problem. You want someone who can and will help you, not to be the typical car salesman, if you know what I mean. I hope you find what your looking for!

6. Allyn

Allyn LawnSite Member

I agree with the last post. I only bought my Z master because I got it for $5000.00 new. It retailed for over 12,000.00. Otherwise I was looking for the Great Dane. I like the Wright machine, but there is not dealer here in LV.

There are not many Z masters here. I have seen 3 outside of mine. You don't see many SCAG, but lots of 21 inch mowers in the back of pick up trucks.

Allyn