John Deere Z830A

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Lockwood, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Lockwood

Lockwood LawnSite Member

I bought a new Deere mower at the end of April, and it has been in the shop 3 times now for the same problem. Anyone having the same problems??? I spoke with my dealer and they told me that JD knows that there is a problem but there is no timeframe to when they will resolve this, but that they are working on a solution in the southern areas to "fix" the problem. I am not too happy as the machine has only 30 hours on it at this point, but I dont want there to be another big issue later on down the line.

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

return it and get something else... its that simple. don't ever pay expect anything less than perfection with as much as equipment cost these days.

3. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I venture to guess belt-related?

4. Lockwood

Lockwood LawnSite Member

Well the first time it was BOTH deck bolts, but the last two times it was the left side deck bolts that in turn caused the deck belts to snap. I still have a loaner from the place. I told them I didnt want the machine and what was going to be the next major issue. Also, when it happens I am miles away from the dealership wasting gas going back and forth.

5. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I went through the broken bolt thing too, plus....

broken deck lift foot pedal mechanism,
    3 deck belts
    4 transmission belts
    Throttle Cable
    Deck casters (trailing casters hidden under deck) that fall off/drag and cause downtime.

All by the ripe old age of 80 hours:cry:

6. Lockwood

Lockwood LawnSite Member

I'm looking into a 700 series if they intend on keeping my business. I dont want that machine, and if I have to, I will return it under the Lemon Law and use my money to buy something else. And I still dont have my machine since mid may and it still had 30 hours on it!!!