John Deere Z915B

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by APLUS LAWN CARE, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Hey noobie, take a look at the Kawi site. They now have DFI engines to match every model of carbed engine. The DFI's though, have the same power in a couple of the models, but more power in many of the other models. My FX850 is 27, but the DFI FX850 is 28.5 etc. I could, and would have been on board for that if I'da had the choice.

2. makktruck

makktruck LawnSite Member

I was thinking about a z915b or maybe something better but have a tight budget and was wondering how it cut and more importantly how it stripes, thanks.

3. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

They will stripe great if you set the pitch correctly. They're even better if you switch from the std lift blades to high lifts.

4. makktruck

makktruck LawnSite Member

Sorry but what do you mean by the pitch,thanks.

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Pitch is the forward tilt of the deck blades, which for a Deere deck is ideal at 1/4" lower on the front end of the blade when the two outer blades are pointing straight from front to rear, and the deck is parked over a dead flat, smooth surface with the operator (or someone of the same approximate weight) sitting on the seat. Do a search here on deck pitch or pitching a deck. I, and a lot of others have posted the correct way to do it many times.

6. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey did you ever get a new B series John Deere? Just asking as I been looking at them this summer also. It really looks about equivalent to my Laser z advantage series.. I think I got something in the mail the other day also that the B series starts at $6995... which would be a 48" deck... All I do is sub division lots and the 48 works great for me.. I also like the new 36" z controlled style hydro JD mowers too.. Just looking for info on these mowers as well...
    Also what's the difference between the 7 iron II & 7 iron pro?

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

The II has a different front baffle shape than the Pro model (IMO, it's better on the II version), no steel step, just none skid tape, and no rear gauge wheels. Until this year, the II version also had a round wear bar welded to the front and left side vs the flat steel of the Pro version. Now they're all the same as the Pro version.

8. weaver

What is the cross-porting transmission on the R series & what or how is the set-up on the B series? Like now, my pumps and wheel motors are bolted together as 1 unit, is the B series similar?

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

The 900's all use the same hydro system (Kanzaki Tuff Torq) that is a one piece unit, but the R is the only one with the cross-porting feature. It shuttles the coolest oil to the hydro that is working hardest when side hill mowing etc.

10. weaver

Ok.. Thanks.. You know another thing, I never knew the baffles moved when you have a MOD deck when closing the chute.. That's cool... I always thought it was just an OCDC... Awesome mowers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gn9hjwhnCE