John deere ztr should I buy one

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dozerdogue, Oct 7, 2006.

1. dozerdogue

dozerdogue LawnSite Member
    from CT

I'm debating on whether or not to purchase a john deere 997 mower for my business and was wondering what peoples thoughts are on john deere ztr's in general.

2. slebeau20

slebeau20 LawnSite Member
    from USA

I have a 717 and there hasn't been a problem. My problem is my dealer not the machine.

3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I'm strongly considering switching to Deere next season. But, that 997 is a big heavy behemoth. Do you have applications that call for such a bulky machine? I'm looking at the 797's and 777's myself.:)

4. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Go Deere and don't look back. I have a few and won't ever consider anything else.:usflag:

5. dlm17

dlm17 LawnSite Member

Dont Do It Nothing But Problems With 757 Mower And Dealer Problem Could Be Just Dealer But Not Getting A Lot Of Help From Deere Four Out Of Last Six Weeks In The Shop And Going Back On Monday

6. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I was at the expo in louisville today and I test drove the 997. There is 1 word that describes the 997 and thats smooth. Its definetly the smoothest mower ive ever driven. It rides awesone and the controls on it are just perfect. I am toatlly amazed by the mower. I encourage all of you to demo 1 and thats the only real way 2 understand what im saying. I wish I had enough large accounts 2 justify an $18k mower like that!

7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

8. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

NO complaints with none of our mowers, and we run them very hard! But that is also with good maintenance too!

9. dozerdogue

from CT

What kind of problems are you having with the mower or dealer please explain?

10. dozerdogue

from CT

How would you sum up your experience with your 997?