John Deere Ztrak now with ROPS..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fulldraw68, Mar 1, 2005.

1. fulldraw68

fulldraw68 LawnSite Member

:help: My Johndeere dealer told my that the Ztrak's are now being made with ROPS. Has anyone seen one? I would also like to know if anyone knows if the 737/757 are being made with dual pumps or a single one (what are your opinions of which is better)? I'm looking at the 737 w/54" or 757 w/60". My dealer priced me the 737 @ $7,200 and the 757 @ $7,900. Does this sound reasonable. My dealer also told me that the new Ztrak's have a new seat with suspension under it...any info on this? I have been comparing ztr's for about a year now and in my opinion JD is at the top in quality and price!! Thanks in advance for any information/comments. :D

2. 430 boy

430 boy LawnSite Member

yes infact the new 997 diesel due out this summer will come standard with one :blob3:

3. TUCKER467

TUCKER467 LawnSite Member

I just bought a JD 757 25 kaw 60'' it has dual and the seat susp is awesome, all together i financed 7,520.50 taxes included give or take 20 bucks

4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

All JD z-trac's have dual pumps and wheel motors. $7900 sounds like a pretty good price for that 757. We priced one here and it was $7700 but that was last year.

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I have 2 757's one is a 2004 and the other a 2002. Both have the dual pumps. JD started making the x traks with single pump units last year sometime but I'm not sure if all of them have single pumps this year. Yes all the new z traks are suppose to be coming out with rops, which will be removable. I think you can still get them without rops, until built up stock is exhausted. My 2004 757, I got for right around $7000, don't ask how much i paid for the 2002. The susupension seats were only available for the 777 and larger, unless that chnaged this year.

6. fulldraw68

Is it pretty easy to go from mulching to bagging on the 737/757? What bagger do you recommend for these mowers. My dealer priced me two different ones, $1700 and $1400. He said the only difference in his reading is that the more expensive on has gas assisted shocks to lift the topper. There has to be more to it than that! :rolleyes:

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Unless you get a mulch on demand 7 Iron deck it is a pita. Installing the baffles is a time consuming task and not something I would want to switch over very often.

The difference in the baggers is one has 3 hoppers and the other has 2 hoppers.

8. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

With MEG MO blades you do not need to catch any more.

9. fulldraw68

I went to the MEG MO web site and it sounds too good to be true. :rolleyes: How many people out the have used this system and what do you have to say about it. :waving:
    I assume that I still have to buy the baffle and side discharge closure kit to mulch with this system.

10. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I use it on my Z-Trak and it's all true. I use no baffles with a side discharge and the clippings come out at between 1/4" - 1/2". When I do fall leaves I shut down my Masterchute and it turns them to dust basically.

Meg-Mo's are widely used and work well.