John Deere

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by SproulsLawnCare, Apr 28, 2005.

1. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

It would be nice if someone who knows who to contact, to give John Deere an invitation to participate on this site. I believe that it would be helpful to have them on board to help answer questions about their products and provide input on various situations. I would expect that most people don't even know that John Deere has a full line of power equipment like chain saws, leaf blowers, etc. along with many other pieces of equipment for the landscaping industry.
  2. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

That would be nice I'm running a Deere and I would have some questions on new stuff and other things
  3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

We have spoken to John Deere about being a part of the site. They have expressed genuine interest becasue they are aware of the number of JD users on the site. However, their marketing dpeartment is understaffed and I was told they would want to be able to be completely active on the forum if they were to be involved. Hopefully, soon enough you will see the Green & Yellow at the top of the site.
  4. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

that would be great news
  5. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

The sooner the better, just bought a new 997 ztr, rear discharge deck, love to talk to a rep who could help me fine tune this deck.

Be great to have them here!
  6. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

What do you think of the new 997? We got ours June 12 side discharge. Cutting schools and large rural properties.

7. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

john deere rep @ the site that would be awesome ...c
  8. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

G'Day Ross,

So far, no probs with the 997, top notch unit, well designed, very solid.
    Handles great, very stable. Runs smooth.

Don't like the tall ROPS though, not safe, not practical.

The rear discharge deck is awesome at rough work, not the best for finish
    type of mowing though, I've emailed deere hoping someone can help me tune
    this deck to fit my needs, i.e a more even clipping dispersal.

All in all, I love my 1st deere, had Toro's previously, so far the deere has
    impressed me more than my toro's ever did with build quality and finish.
  9. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Tony now you know why Deere hasnt had many problems since 1837, i havent ran across a lot of bad things. I know for the new combines ( ok i know this isnt lawn related) when the STS models came out they did somthing like 5 or 6 years of resaerch and testing on different farms and until last year had the largest combine on the face of the earth ( now belongs to Lexion with a 16 row corn head and a 40 foot bean header) still they are the only farm company not to merge in with soemone else, once saw a poster were they showed how the different brands had merged.

back to the mowers, seeing all the farmers with there john deere mowers i think my next one will be a z-track or a walk behind which wont be for another year or so but when i go to buy im getting a deere
  10. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

first thing we did was pull the ROPS. (I know, I know but I find it extremely stable and will slip before it will flip. Would you consider re-equipping with side discharge? If we keep the RPM up the cut is good on fine turf. This is our third DEERE (F725 '94 M655 '03)

I was considering stealing your web site and putting our name phone and address on it. No eh?